Our Christian therapists offer Christian-based counseling in the Blue Ash, Kenwood and Hyde Park areas.
Faith is an important resource that helps many of our clients heal and grow.
Therapy can be a place to do healing and growth work that is aligned with your faith values. Christian-focused counseling brings together specialized training in evidence-based treatments that integrates your faith values into the process. Many of our ThrivePointe counselors have specific expertise in offering Christian-focused counseling for individuals, marriages, teens, and children. We welcome clients from all spiritual and religious backgrounds.
We welcome open dialogue with you about your preferences for how faith plays a role in the counseling process. Whether you are interested in having spiritual disciplines like prayer and scripture reading integrated openly in sessions or simply want to know that your Christian beliefs and worldview are respected, we are ready to join with you and stay attuned to your needs.
Psychology and Faith Through Christian Counseling
Many principles from the Christian faith and effective treatments rooted in psychology and neuroscience research are complementary, and offer rich opportunities for insight and growth.
Treatment models in alignment with Christian-based counseling:
- We need relationships that provide steady love and belonging (secure base) and a safe place to land in times of stress, failure, and fear (safe haven).
- Identity is formed in relationship to others. We learn to see our worth and determine if others can be trusted based on experiences in relationship.
- Our sense of safety is threatened by loss and disconnection.
- Connection with trusted others is critical for us to thrive and enhances our physical and psychological health!
- Our experience of a situation and the meaning we make is shaped by our thoughts, feelings, and behavior.
- Our beliefs and self-talk have a powerful impact on our feelings, reactions, and choices. We have the ability to set our thoughts on what is helpful and good!
- Our actions also have an impact on feelings and thoughts. What we do shapes our beliefs, attitude, and life direction.
- We can live a life of meaning, aligned with our values.
- Accepting what we cannot control, and that pain is an inevitable part of life, shapes the way we experience hardship.
- Emphasizes meaning in suffering, forgiveness, self-awareness, values-driven living, acceptance, and gratitude.
It is such a joy to support clients on their journey. You can move toward peace, meaning, and connection to the deeper beliefs and values that you want to guide your life.
In Christian counseling, you can have the support you’re looking for to grow.
Your therapist will walk along side you, working with your values, to help you accomplish your goals. You can experience a safe space to ask tough questions, express sorrow, confusion, or celebrate the joys and meaning you make of your experiences. You can draw strength from the acceptance, support, and gentle challenge you experience in the counseling relationship. You will also work together to develop a clear path towards change with treatments that are proven to work. Take a look at the types of issues we can help you address.
Meet Our Therapists Who Provide Christian Family Counseling, Christian Marriage Counseling and More
We serve the Blue Ash, Kenwood, and Hyde Park areas.
Online therapy in
Ohio and Indiana
We offer telehealth sessions for teens, adults, couples, and families through secure video sessions.
Want to Learn More About Christian Counseling in Ohio or Indiana?
We want to make finding a Christian counselor in Ohio and Indiana easy. The process to get started is simple! Just follow these three steps:
More ThrivePointe Counseling Services Near Cincinnati and Indianapolis
As a practice, we value treating the whole family’s needs. So, at our various ThrivePointe locations in Indianapolis, Whitestown, Greenwood, Blue Ash and Liberty Township, we can serve you. We provide adult counseling, couples counseling, teen counseling, family counseling and christian counseling. Our team cares about you and wants to be a part of your thriving life. Learn more and call us today!