Now scheduling appointments in-person and online.
Faith plays an important role in helping many of our clients thrive.
Searching for the right counselor can be hard to do alone. It’s important to many people to find a skilled therapist who is also faith friendly. Many of our ThrivePointe counselors have specific expertise in offering Christian-focused counseling for individuals, marriages, teens, and children. If you desire, we can support the integration of your faith values and practices into your treatment. We welcome clients from all spiritual and religious backgrounds.
Some Christian clients want spiritual disciplines like prayer and scripture reading integrated openly in sessions. Others feel assured just to know that their Christian beliefs and worldview are respected as they share about their struggles. We welcome open dialogue with you about your preferences for how faith plays a role in helping you thrive.
Finding Your Best Balance: Psychology and Faith
The Christian faith and effective treatments rooted in psychology and neuroscience research are quite complementary!
Here are just a few of the principles in alignment with the Christian faith:
- We need relationships that provide steady and constant love and belonging (secure base) and a safe place to land in times of stress, failure, and fear (safe haven).
- Identity is formed in relationship to close others.
- Safety is threatened by loss and disconnection. Isolation is traumatizing!
- Love heals and connection with others is critical for us to thrive!
- Our experience and interpretation of a situation is shaped by our thoughts, feelings, and behavior.
- These beliefs and self-talk have a powerful impact on our emotions, physical sensations, reactions, and choices… and we have the ability to set our thoughts on what is helpful and good!
- Our behaviors will also have an impact on feelings and thoughts. What we do shapes our beliefs, attitude, and direction.
- Creating a meaningful life, while accepting that pain is an inevitable part of life.
- Emphasizes meaning in suffering, forgiveness, awareness of self (mindfulness), values driven living, acceptance, and gratitude.
We celebrate with our clients as they make progress that is a reflection of the spiritual transformation they seek. It is such a joy to support clients on this journey and process the experience in a way that enhances joy, meaning, and connection to the deeper beliefs and values driving clients toward growth.
In Christian counseling, we can help you thrive in your faith while working through your concerns.
Your therapist will walk along side you, working with your values, to help you accomplish your goals. You can draw strength from the acceptance, support, and gentle challenge you experience in the counseling relationship. You will also work together to develop a clear path towards change with treatments that are proven to work. Take a look at the types of issues we can help you address.
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT)
- Adjustment disorders
- Adoption/foster care
- Alcohol and drug use
- Attachment insecurity
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Bipolar disorder
- Christian-focused counseling
- Child behavior/defiance
- Chronic illness and pain
- Confidence and self-esteem
- Divorce recovery
- Eating and body image
- Emotionally Focused Therapy (EFT)
- Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP)
- Family dynamics / conflict
- First responder support
- Gottman Couples Therapy
- Grief and loss
- Impulse control
- Insomnia and sleep problems
- Life transitions
- Marital conflict
- Medical regimen compliance
- Men’s issues
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Online counseling (telehealth)
- Oppositional behaviors
- Panic attacks / panic disorder
Therapists who provide Christian-focused counseling:
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT CHRISTIAN COUNSELING
IN OHIO OR INDIANA?
We want to make finding a Christian counselor in Ohio and Indiana easy. To get connected with a Christian therapist near Cincinnati or Indianapolis, follow these three simple steps:
Review the list of therapists above
Call 833-914-4688 to make an appointment
Begin your journey to healing
Don’t let anxiety, depression, and relationship problems hold you back from living life fully.
Is your relationship on the rocks? Our emotionally-focused therapy approach is proven to rebuild your connection.
Deciding to take your child to counseling can be hard for any parent. Let us help you make the first step with your little one.
Whether it’s growing closer, building relationships, or working through challenges, our therapists can help your family get there.
Ready to talk?
Ann is ready to help you get started on your journey.
More ThrivePointe Counseling Services Near Cincinnati and Indianapolis
As a practice, we value treating the whole family’s needs. So, at our various ThrivePointe locations in Fishers, Whitestown, Cincinnati and Liberty Township, we can serve you. We provide adult counseling, couples counseling, teen counseling, family counseling and play therapy for children. Our team cares about you and wants to be a part of your thriving life. Learn more and call us today!